Our Pre-school Programme starts at 9 months with Parent & Toddler classes. Around age 3 the gymnasts move into an independent class. The programme is centred around the fundamentals of movement. Children learn to balance, roll, swing, jump, turn, climb.. ….all in a safe environment with qualified coaches. The session is delivered as a structured class using music and action songs, hand apparatus and large specialist gymnastics equipment such as beams, trampette and bars. The programme leads onto all sports, teaching the basic skills required for physical development – motor skills, co-ordination, strength, posture, discipline ….and it’s fun!
WHAT TO WEAR – Children should wear comfortable clothing, shorts or leggings and t-shirt are best, with bare feet and jewellery removed. We have an optional pre-school t’shirt which can be ordered from our supplier, Mick Mick designs here.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ADULTS IN PARENT & TODDLER / GYMTOTS CLASSES ARE NOT ALLOWED ON ANY GYMNASTICS APPARATUS FOR SAFETY REASONS
Parent & Toddler & Gymtots Guidelines:
- Watch out for uneven surfaces – there are lots of them!
- Adults should never go on any of the equipment
- Adults must stay with their child at all times
- Please don’t allow your child to go off the floor onto the equipment storage area or outside of the curtained area
- Children’s socks must be removed
- If supporting your child on equipment, do so at the waist
- Ask the coaches for help if you are not sure how to use a piece of equipment
Monday 10.30 – 11.15 with Lorna & Caitlin Link to book here
Monday 14.00 – 14.45 with Lorna & Holly Link to book here
Friday 13.00 – 13.45 with Caitlin, Louise & Lynette Link to book here
Saturday 11.15 – 12.00 with Lara, Olivia & Neve Link to book here
For more information on pre-school gymnastics please contact us on 01506 410945 or email [email protected]